At TotalEnergies Marketing Kenya PLC, the safety of people and operations, environmental protection, customer satisfaction and listening to stakeholders are core concerns.
Industrial hygiene, employee health and product quality are absolute priorities. In line with this, the following three health-related focuses are key aspects of our operations:
- Workplace Health, for our employees and service providers.
- Health and the Environment, for people living and working near our facilities or likely to be exposed to them.
- Health and Products, for our customers throughout the life cycle of our products.
TotalEnergies Marketing Kenya's high standards of operation are achieved by pursuing key actions documented in the Health Safety Environment & Quality Policy. TotalEnergies Marketing Kenya in its entirety is ISO 9001:2015 certified.
In response to the risks that may arise from our activities, we systematically implement a risk prevention and mitigation process that brings together front-line teams and specialists across all phases, from project design and execution to site dismantling and reclamation.
The process is built on industrial risk analysis and involves:
- Introducing standards that are applicable across the board.
- Deploying an organization aligned with the risk management system.
- Verifying correct application of the system following risk assessments.
This verification takes the form of self-assessment and internal and external inspections and audits.
Road transportation and shipping safety is also an absolute priority, especially when hazardous materials are involved.
Appropriate measures and technical and organizational tools are implemented to manage transportation-related risks. They include:
- The PATROM program to improve road transportation overseas.
- The Transportation Management System.
- The General Guidelines for Driving Light Vehicles for Africa and the Middle East.
- Ship and barge vetting.
- Routine inspection of maritime terminals in line with the Oil Companies International Marine Forum's (OCIMF) international standard.
The environmental and community impact of our operations and products is routinely analyzed. Solutions are sought to manage risks, and all available resources are deployed to mitigate their impact.
Our initiatives focus on four main areas:
- Managing waste and performing life cycle assessments.
- Promoting new energies, energy efficiency and local economic development.
- Protecting soil and water.
- Reclaiming sites.
ISO certificate - Stations & Head office
Learn more about our HSEQ Directive here >>>>>>>HSEQ Directive