TotalEnergies be alive program
The TotalEnergies "Be Alive" programme provides peer educators and Voluntary Counselling and Testing (VCT) throughout the Company, with outreach to staff families and wider communities. It sets out a wholly non-discriminatory Company Policy. The programme also promotes staff wellness through regular health tips and clinics. Every year, TotalEnergies Marketing Kenya marks World Aids Day through the various in-house and community outreach activities.
In 2003, TotalEnergies Marketing Kenya PLC introduced a comprehensive HIV/AIDS workplace program targeting employees, their dependents, customers and the community. This is a long-term program encompassing interventions that support HIV prevention, positive living, treatment and stigma reduction. "Be alive "is the slogan that supports all HIV/AIDS campaigns. It captures our aspiration of keeping our people alive through HIV prevention and provision of appropriate care and treatment.
TotalEnergies Marketing Kenya PLC has carried out the following activities in support of this program:
- HIV/AIDS awareness training for all staff and their dependants.
- HIV/AIDS awareness training for all service station network employees.
- Developed a comprehensive policy that outlines the company commitments to the HIV/AIDS program. The policy is guided by several internationally recognized principles of good HIV/AIDS workplace programs. These principles include non-discrimination, right to confidentiality, prohibition of HIV testing for employment or other work related reasons, provision of HIV prevention education and provision of care support and treatment for those infected.
- The company has put in place a program to provide care, support and treatment including provision of ARVs for staff and dependents.
- We work closely with local communities to support HIV/AIDS initiatives.
- We support awareness creation and provide material support to those infected and affected. This has been done using funds provided by both the company and our staff.
- We have rolled out a comprehensive and ambitious awareness and prevention program targeting our customers through our widely spread network of service stations countrywide. This has involved distribution of condoms and provision of HIV/AIDS information.
- We have organized HIV/AIDS family days for employees and their immediate families.
- We have put in place a peer education program to reach out to staff, their families and the general public through peer counselling activities.
- We have a staff publication that gives extensive coverage to the subject of HIV/AIDS